Professional Dance Intensive: By Audition Only
Train with students from around the world in Canada’s gorgeous Pacific Northwest.
A three week, full day, intensive professional program for talented, serious, students ages 12 and up . Led by VAB’s internationally acclaimed faculty, classes are offered in ballet, pointe, repertoire, contemporary, pas de deux (for select advanced students), and strength/conditioning. Entry into the Professional Dance Intensive is by audition only. International students welcome. Homestay Accommodations for out-of-town students offered.
This summer program may be used as an audition period for acceptance into our Full Year Professional Training (PTP) and Post-Secondary Bridge Programs. Students enrolled in PTP or Bridge for the 2020-2021 school year must attend a forth week until August 28.
Summer Students: August 3-21, 2020
PTP and Bridge Students: August 3-28, 2020
Homestay Orientation: August 2, 2020.
9:30-11:00 Ballet class
11:15-12:15 Classical variations or male virtuosity/floor barre (less advanced students)
1:15-2:30 Classical repertoire
4:30-5:30 Pas De Deux* for select advanced students
Domestic: $1,900 plus $125 Mandatory Activity Fee (includes Summer activity and VAB T-Shirt)
International: $2,225 plus $125 Mandatory Activity Fee (includes Summer activity and VAB T-Shirt)
3-Week Homestay Accommodations/Monitoring: Contact for fees
Students staying for a full year program will have an additional week of training August 24-28th.
*All payments are non-refundable.
We are accepting auditions by video. Your video should not exceed 15 mins. Click here to contact us for more details.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and set the privacy viewing settings for email@example.com
- Or you may send the YouTube or Vimeo directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wear a leotard, tights and ballet shoes (no skirt) and introduce yourself at the beginning of the video
- Demonstrate both sides with a short Barre; plies, tendus with degages, adage with port de bras, grand battements
- Centre work; 1 pirouette exercise, 1 adage, 1 petit allegro, 1 grand allegro
- Show, if possible, a solo of your choosing in either ballet or contemporary
- Photos: include a head shot, first arabesque or tendu à la seconde with your résumé