VAB hosts students from all over the world as well as out of town Canadians for their dance training for 2 weeks up to 11 months every year. We look for host families who can offer our students a safe, friendly and secure environment, while the students get the opportunity to enjoy the local culture and experience high-caliber ballet training.
We have been host parents since 2012 and have had the pleasure of welcoming students from Japan, Korea, the United States, Canada and Mexico into our home. Being a host family has enriched our lives in ways that we could never have anticipated. Hosting an international student promotes friendship, understanding of differences and cooperation, and I am proud that my children and the students that we host are growing up as global citizens.
What you provide:
- 3 meals per day plus healthy snacks
- A furnished private room with bed, desk & chair, lamp/light and a dresser/closet
- Wireless internet
- Help a student adapt to the Canadian lifestyle by including them in your family activities
- Treat a student as a family member
- All students will bus to/from the studio during the program. For this reason, it would be ideal for the homestay’s location to be close to a bus stop and the bus ride to downtown should be less than 20 minutes. VAB occasionally asks host families to transport their students for rehearsals, performances or workshops which take place early in the morning or at night.
- An English-speaking environment
What you gain:
- Exposure to another culture
- Remuneration paid on a monthly basis
- Opportunity to experience the dance world from behind the scenes
- Knowing that you are providing a comfort and shaping a student’s experience abroad (one that they will remember forever).
Interested in becoming a homestay family but need more information to find out if you’re the right fit? Contact our Student Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply today to be a host family!Join the Victoria Academy of Ballet family and provide a warm and supportive environment for a student