Professional Training Program Audition Information
Audition: In Person
Auditions are a fantastic way to be seen and evaluated in-person
- Each year auditions will be held in Canada as well as in countries including Japan, Mexico, USA.
- Please contact the office to arrange an in-person audition at our studios.
- Acceptance into our programs is ongoing and auditions (both in-person and by video) will be accepted at any time
Audition: By Video
Video auditions are a great way to be seen if travel is not possible.
- You may upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and set the privacy viewing settings for firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you may send the YouTube or Vimeo directly to email@example.com
- Your video should not exceed 15 minutes
- Wear a leotard, tights and ballet shoes (no skirt) and introduce yourself at the beginning of the video
- Demonstrate both sides with a short Barre; plies, tendus with degages, adage with port de bras, grand battements
- Centre work; 1 pirouette exercise, 1 adage, 1 petit allegro, 1 grand allegro
- Show, if possible, a solo of your choosing in either ballet or contemporary
- Photos: include a head shot, first arabesque or tendu à la seconde with your résumé
- VAB will accept audition videos on an ongoing basis.