City Zoning Regulation
The City of Victoria’s Zoning Bylaw Regulation requires 35 parking spots on this site. We have applied to the City of Victoria for a parking variance after running a successful parking study in 2018. We are seeking City Council approval to revitalize this building and further develop Quadra Village as a hub for the arts.
From May 2018 to present, we have been engaging with the Quadra Village community to share ideas and receive feedback on this project:
- Requesting Letters of Support from local businesses
- Addressing the Quadra Village Neighbourhood Action Committee
- Addressing Mayor Helps and meeting with City Councillors
- Informing the neighbourhood via a Canada Post postcard drop and inviting feedback
- May 2018: Parking Study Completed
- June 2019: Committee of the Whole – Victoria City Councillors vote to move the project forward
- Summer 2019: Public Hearing and decision made on parking variance application
- Begin construction!
Through this application for variance, we have had the opportunity to meet and begin exciting collaboration projects with our neighbouring businesses. We look forward to continuing these conversations and sharing ideas for the betterment of the Quadra Village Neighbourhood.
The Victoria Academy of Ballet provides students with the necessary foundation to embark on a career in professional dance.
Questions or feedback?
We’d love to hear from you.
709 Yates Street PO Box 8731, Stn Main
Victoria, British Columbia V8W 3S3