In-Person AuditionsAuditions are a fantastic way to be seen and evaluated in-person
- Each year auditions will be held in Canada as well as in countries including Japan, Mexico, USA.
- Please contact the office to arrange an in-person audition at our studios.
- Acceptance into our programs is ongoing and auditions (both in-person and by video) will be accepted at any time
Auditioning by DVD and RésuméVideos are a great way to be seen if travel is not possible
- You may upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and set the privacy viewing settings for email@example.com
- Or you may send the YouTube or Vimeo directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your video should not exceed 15 minutes
- Wear a leotard, tights and ballet shoes (no skirt) and introduce yourself at the beginning of the video
- demonstrate both sides with a short Barre; plies, tendus with degages, adage with port de bras, grand battements
- Centre work; 1 pirouette exercise, 1 adage, 1 petit allegro, 1 grand allegro
- show, if possible, a solo of your choosing in either ballet or contemporary
- VAB will accept audition videos on an ongoing basis.
About the Academy
Victoria Academy of Ballet (formerly Island Dance Studio) was established in 1990 by Christine Richardson F.C.S.C – C.I.C.B., ARAD. Now under the ownership and direction of Bleiddyn Del Villar Bellis, FCSC- CICB, The Victoria Academy of Ballet offers specialized dance instruction for children ages 3 through to the professional level. More Info
In September 2014, The Victoria Academy of Ballet moved into a new facility in downtown Victoria BC. The studios are located in the in the city centre, conveniently located for easy bus transportation, coffee shops, restaurants and shopping. More Info
The Victoria Academy of Ballet welcomes students from around the world to participate in all of the Victoria Academy of Ballet Dance Programs. More Info
The Victoria Academy of Ballet Scholarship Society was incorporated in the summer of 2013 and achieved Charitable Status in July 2014. The goals of the society are to provide deserving Canadian/Permanent Resident dance students with scholarships and bursaries to assist with the cost of their dance education. More Info
The Cecchetti Method
The Cecchetti Method of ballet is a style of classical, theatrical dance based on the teachings of the great Italian ballet master Enrico Cecchetti (1850-1928). More Info